Friday, July 14, 2017

I am back!

So from July 5th-July 12th, me and the kiddos were at my mother-in-law's down by the beach while my hubby was on a work trip. I've decided that from now on, anytime my hubby has to go away for work, me and the kiddos are going to either have someone come stay with us or we'll go stay with someone. It definitely makes it more enjoyable for me when we do either of those while my hubby is away. Plus, it gives me some help that I otherwise wouldn't have if it was just me at home with the kids for a week. I honestly don't know how single parents do it by themselves 24/7 so huge props to all of them out there!

Our week away was great! I missed my hubby like crazy though and was so glad when this past Wednesday came around! Here are some pictures from our trip.








So now that me, the kiddos, and my husband are all back together again, it's time for the kiddos to head off to my dad and step-mom's for the weekend!! We had this planned way before my husband's trip and our trip to the beach was planned, but it couldn't have come at a more perfect time! We've been away from each other for a week and now we get a whole weekend to ourselves!! We're going to kick off the weekend by enjoying a nice meal out together! I'm letting him pick where we go but I gave him 2 rules: it has to be a place where we eat the food there, not carry out and take home and it can't be fast food! That second rule got added because he tried to pick McDonald's. We also might go see a movie at some point but the one thing we will be doing the most of is video gaming!! We've been so busy the past few months with other work trips that my hubby had, visiting family, and having family visit, that we haven't had that much time to play anything. And while I was pregnant with Big E and then after she was born, we would play video games all day long on Saturday and Sunday. But as she got older and started doing more than just sleep all the time, we had to say goodbye to those video gaming weekends. It will be nice to just relax and spend time with each other for once! This will be the first time we've been completely kid-free since May 20th, 2016. That was the last weekend before Little E was born and Big E went away for the weekend. Since Little E has been born, Big E went to my dad and step-mom's for the weekend but Little E hasn't gone with her yet because of me breastfeeding him. But now that he is no longer attached to me, we can start sending both kids away for the weekend! We're going to start doing this once a month! It's nice for us because it gives us some time to spend together without the kids which is great for every marriage. And it's also great for my dad and step-mom because they don't get to see the kiddos that often since we live about an hour and a half away.

Well, I've got less than an hour until the kiddos wake up from their nap then I'm gonna love on them as much as I can till 5:30 tonight when my dad comes to pick them up! Have a great rest of your Friday and a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment