Monday, December 4, 2017

Activity time!!!

So every now and then, Big E will ask to do activities!! And the way she says "activities" is the cutest!! I have scoured Pinterest and even bought some Learning Resources from Amazon to help the kiddos with colors, numbers, patterns and more!

Today we got out the mini muffins! She sorted them by color, counted them, and even got some fine-motor skill practice in. With Little E being older now and being in the "monkey-see-monkey-do" stage, there's no way that I can do these learning activities with Big E, without Little E wanting to be all over our business!! So to keep him happy, I gave him a few muffins to play with.

Here is how Big E was playing with them:

 

And here is how Little E decided to play with them:

 


He would throw them on the floor and then go under the table to pick them up. He did this probably 4 or 5 times.

Big E also did some tracing from a tracing book I got at Five Below. We haven't done too much work with a pencil but I thought she did pretty good!



It's so exciting that she is starting to do more things! She knows her ABC's and can identify her letters. Now the next part we are going to work on is either the sounds they make or being able to write them. She has some apps on her tablet that work with both so I just need to be sure she is playing those games when she is on her tablet. She also does a pretty good job counting from 1-10 but she can't recognize the numbers yet so we need to do more practice with that as well.

I know I've said in a lot of previous posts that I was going to do a lot of learning activities with Big E. I haven't been able to keep up with that and do them as much as I would like but I'm trying. I've been working about 3-4 days a week so I don't have as much time to do activities with her as I would like. But going forward, I'm going to do my best to squeeze in some educational time with her whenever I can!! And Pinterest will continue to be my source of inspiration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment