Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Hello there again


This is my current view: getting ready to start writing a new blog post, diffusing Joy and Orange, listening to Kelly Clarkson's new album, and drinking a sweet tea from McDonald's (not pictured).

It's been a little bit since I wrote a blog post and I didn't quite know what to write about. I've just been so busy with life that my blog has been the last thing on my mind. I used to think about it more often and randomly think "Hey, I've got to write a post about that!" I'm hoping that I'll eventually get back to that point because I love writing and sharing my ideas with others.

I'm not sure how many people actually read my blog, but I hope that who ever is out there reading it, gains something from it. I try to write about things that I know other mothers out there will be able to relate to. So if you are reading this, I thank you so much for taking tie out of your busy schedule to read what I have to say.

So what have I been up to the past few months? Well, I started substitute teaching back in September and I've been keeping pretty busy with that! This week and next week I have a 4 day week of work! I'm not quite sure what I was thinking when I took on all those days of subbing! When I first started subbing again I wanted to just do 2 or 3 a week. But the occasional 4 day week isn't so bad. We had an amazing babysitter for the first 6 weeks that I've been subbing but just recently had to switch sitters and we found another great one! I'm sad we can't keep taking the kiddos to the first one, but I've gained a great friend through that experience. Things happen for a reason and I'm so glad I was able to meet someone as awesome as she is!

About 2 weeks ago I applied for a long term substitute position at a school I've been subbing at a lot. I wasn't looking for something full-time, but I figured that the opportunity was there so I might as well go for it. I didn't end up getting it because they wanted someone more experienced for the position, but I'm totally ok with that. I realized that I'm not quite ready to go back to work full-time. I've had a little taste of what it will be like being full-time by working 4 day weeks and I'm not ready to leave my kiddos for 5 days a week. Yes I know that 4 days isn't a full week, but it's more than 2 or 3 which is what I was doing when I first started subbing this school year. I'm definitely going to have to have a system in place to keep up with all the housework once I do go back to work full-time because housework itself is a full-time job!!

I'm still sharing my love of oils and using them more and more each day! I actually just introduced them to our first babysitter we had (and my newest friend), and she loves them! Maybe that was the reason I needed to meet her, to introduce her to the oily lifestyle? Time will only tell. But seriously, I love these oils and what they do for me and my family. I've been using peppermint a lot while subbing to give me some natural energy. I just roll some on my temples and behind my ears and I'm' good to go! I use DiGize vitality to help with my digestive system, Thieves vitality to help with immune support, and the list goes on an on. It's really not that hard to get started with oils. When you keep it all about staying above the wellness line, it's so simple and makes it all worth it!

Well, I'm going to wrap up this post now. I hope everyone has had a great October and has a great November! This year is going way too fast!! 2018 will be here before we know it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment