Thursday, November 2, 2017

I love being a mom!

Being a parent has been one of the most rewarding experiences I've been given. I believe that any couple or individual who has the love and compassion for a child and is able to take care of a child, should have that opportunity. I'm sure that everyone reading this right now knows of at least one person or couple who has struggled with becoming pregnant naturally. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 10 percent of women in the US ages 15-44 have difficulty getting pregnant or staying pregnant. That's about 6.1 million women and that is a lot! To me it is just heartbreaking when I hear about people who have been struggling to get pregnant and all they desperately want to do is have a baby of their own.

So with that all being said...a few weeks ago I applied to become an egg donor. I didn't qualify to take the next steps but I'm alright with that. But I encourage others to become an egg donor if you are able. Like I said, being a mother is such an amazing feeling! Yes it can be overwhelming at times, but it's the greatest feeling in the world to have a little human being that looks up to you and relies on you for pretty much everything for the first part of their life.

My love for children is what made me to decide to go to college for teaching. I just love being around children and teaching them the things they need to know in order to be successful adults! So even though I can't make a difference in someones life by providing them a way to have a child, I still feel like I can make a difference by being a teacher. I can even help more people this way.

Have you ever donated your eggs or know of someone that did? I would love to know about your experience! Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment