Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Where are my friends?

In a recent post I said something about being at the point in my life where I need to focus a little more on family than friends. Well, I'm kind of taking that back. That's not to say that I'm focusing more on my friends than my family, but more like I'm  going to work on balancing the 2. Recently I've been feeling that ever since I went back to substitute teaching 3-4 days a week, I haven't seen many of my friends. We stopped having as many playdates as we used to and we haven't gone to any in a while. It's kind of like I went to being around 2 kids a day to being around 25-30 a day! Being at home with 2 kids and teaching a classroom full of 25-30 kids both have their challenges. And one main thing that the 2 have in common is that there (for the most part) are no other adults involved.

So what I'm trying to say is that I miss the adult interaction that I've come to get used to by seeing a mommy friend at least once a week before I started working again. I think it is so important for every mom out there to have mommy friends that they can lean on and talk to when needed. But recently I feel like I haven't had the support like I used to. Yes I have some friends that I chat with through text and messenger, but it's been a little bit since I've been able to be face-to-face with another adult that isn't my husband or my mom.

And yes I know, we are 26 days away from Christmas and everyone is super busy. But recently I've had 2 different things set up with a friend and both times the plans got cancelled. It just seems like that's the story of my life. All my life, especially in high school and right after, I would make plans to hangout with someone and then most of the time something would come up and it would get cancelled. But then there was a time in my life where I would make plans with people and we would actually get to follow through with those plans so I got so excited that my plans were actually happening. But recently it's been back at the point where plans get cancelled. Or plans don't even get made but me and the other person just keep saying we are going to make plans and then never do.

Again, I think every mom, especially stay-at-home moms and part-time working moms, need to be able to talk to another adult (outside of their family) in person at least once a week. I'm not asking for someone to spend the whole day with me. Just a few hours or so or even 30 minutes will do! I have a few friends that I talk to through facebook or text every few days and I'm very thankful I have them. But I also wish I could have that one "person" that I can go to for anything because right now I don't feel like I have someone like that.

2 comments:

  1. You always have me ;) I know I'm not coming as available as you would like but I get back to you when I can. I love you.

    ReplyDelete