Monday, November 6, 2017

Everyone needs friends

Finding and making friends in elementary, middle, and high school is tough! But...finding and making friends as an adult is even harder. From the time I was in Kindergarten all the way until I graduated, I went to 5 different schools. And throughout those years I've had a few different people that I considered to be my best friend. When I moved from school to school, I didn't stay in touch with my best friend from the previous school. So needless to say, my best friend from high school is no longer my best friend today.

When I moved to where I'm at now a little over 3 years ago, I found a moms club and I'm so glad I did! I've met so many amazing women through this club that I would have never met without it. And I actually found one person that I thought was going to be my new best friend. We're still really good friends but we just don't get to talk or hangout as much as we used to. When we met, we both only had one child and the ironic thing is that we were both trying for baby number 2. I thought it would be pretty cool if we got pregnant at the same time and it turns out that we did! Our youngest kids are only a week or 2 apart! So now we're both busy with 2 kids, I've been working 3-4 days a week, she homeschools her oldest and we're both pretty busy with our oils businesses.

Then just recently I met another amazing women and thought that maybe she could be a new best friend. Turns out she's busier than I thought so we don't get to talk or hangout as much as I thought we would. And I totally respect that. I know that people are busy and I can't expect them to drop everything for me. It just stinks that I met these 2 people that I mentioned at this stage of my life. If I had met them years ago, before we were all busy with kids and work, then maybe I would get to hangout with them a little more now.

So maybe as an almost 28-year old mom I don't need just one best friend but a few different best friends? I think as long as I have a few people that I can talk to about anything, that I'll do just fine. Every mom needs some friends that they can go out with or have over for a ladies night in. So yes, I don't have a "person" like Meredith and Christina from Grey's Anatomy. It sure would be nice to have a "person", but I can be ok with having several "people" that I can rely on.


I don't like every part of this quote (like the part about not needing to talk for weeks), but for the most part it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment