Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Family comes first

Family is forever. Your mother, father, brothers, sisters, aunt, uncles, cousins, grandparents...all of those people who are related to you, they are your family and I feel like they should always be in your life. It shouldn't matter how far apart you all live either. With the internet and cell phones, there is no excuse that we can't all keep in contact with our family. Unlike friends who may come and go (I've got plenty of experience with this, especially recently), family is forever because with every single family member, we can mostly say that we've all known about each other from birth. Think about it, your grandparents have known you since you were born, you have known your grandparents since you were born. The same goes for your parents, aunts, uncles, etc. These are the people that know you better than anyone else in life that you'll ever meet.

I know the point I'm trying to make is easier said than done. I know that every family has their issues and problems that may never be solved. Even if a family looks perfect from the outside, unless you are in that family you have no idea what problems they may be going through. All I'm trying to say is that family needs to stick together and be there for each other. So even if you have issues in the past with some family members, there's no better time than now to just move past that and start communicating and spending time together.

As I've said on this blog many times, life is way too short so we shouldn't keep grudges against those people in our life that we need most. Recently I feel like I've been trying to hard to make some friendships work and as a result I lost one of them. I think that experience has made me realize that I think I need to focus a little more on my family. I think I'm pretty close with a lot of members of my family but there are a few that I don't talk to as often as we used to and I think it's time to change that. If I don't make a change now, I'm going to regret that later in life when it is too late. I'm not completely cutting off my friends, but I'm just going to focus more on spending time with the ones that I know will always have my back no matter what...my family!

I leave you with this quote that is completely true:


No comments:

Post a Comment