Sunday, February 25, 2018

The end of February is near...

Can you believe that the 2nd month of the year is almost over already? 2 months down and 10 more to go! So how is my year going so far? I think it's going pretty good. I've been keeping busy with substitute teaching and staying home with my kiddos on the days I don't work. I've also been busy reading in my spare time. I made a goal to read 18 books this year and I'm going to reach that goal and maybe even surpass it!!

I'm enjoying substitute teaching but I am so ready for something full-time!! And what is kind of crazy to think about is the fact that I'm still even wanting to work in the education profession. When I started college back in 2008 to start working towards my teaching degree, I never thought that I would have to be afraid to go to work. Sure there were school shootings in the past but there have been a lot more recently than there were in previous years. But I honestly don't know what I would do as a career if I didn't teach. So yes, I still want to be a full-time teacher with my own classroom. I don't want to get into a big debate about what needs to be done about the whole gun-situation, but something definitely needs to be done because students and teachers should not be afraid while they are at school.

I have been stressing less about having a clean house. There were a good 2 weeks or so where I had the kids pick up their toys before naptime and bedtime every single day. And I actually felt pretty good. I felt accomplished. But that has stopped and now we don't always get the toys away before naptime and bedtime. Most of the time, the only time the toys are all put away is when we are expecting company, which isn't that often. But I have been doing better with keeping up with the dishes and the wash. I think my new philosophy about cleaning is that as long as the household is fed, bathed, and clothed, and we aren't living in a complete mess, then all is good! As the kiddos get older I think it should be a little easier to keep the house clean because I will have their help. Or at least I hope I will have their help. But I also know that if I expect a clean house now and the kids grow up seeing that I expect that, they are probably more likely to help to keep it clean.

I've been slacking (yet again) with my blogging but I really want to get into a consistent schedule of writing and publishing posts. I think what is messing me up is that I don't have a consistent and regular work schedule. If I did, I would get home at the same time each day and then be able to make myself a blogging schedule so I can keep up with it and not slack as much as I have been. But you know what, I'm not going to let that excuse keep me from doing that. I'm going to start writing posts at least 2 days a week and then schedule them to publish for the upcoming week. On each day that I have as a "writing" day, I will be sure to get at least 2 posts written so that I'm able to have posts for you to read!!! As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm not sure how many followers I have out there but I thank anyone that takes time out of their busy lives and reads this! I know that time is precious and it makes me feel so happy that you take some of your precious time to read my thoughts!! Let me know if there is anything you would like to see more of on my blog!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment