Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Voice is back!!!

And it's going to be better than ever before!!! In the past I've watched The Voice here and there, but I just couldn't get into in as much as I could with American Idol. As I mentioned in this post here, I used to be obsessed with American Idol!!!! So now why am I watching the new season of The Voice when I said that I was going to be watching the new season of Idol when it comes back? Two words for you: Kelly Clarkson!!!! Last night I had the chance to watch the season 14 premiere of The Voice and I can tell already that it is going to be a great season!!! I think the back and forth between the coaches is one of the best parts of the show!!!!

It opened up by showing Kelly walk onto the empty stage an pretend like they were announcing her name as the season 14 winner!! They also showed a little clip of her and Alicia Keys with Kelly saying, "I am married but I'm telling you what, if I liked women, I'd like Alicia!" Just the way she said that was so hilarious!!!

Adam Levine and Blake Sheltlon are hilarious as well!!! New for this season, each coach has a "Block" that they can use on another coach to keep a contestant from choosing to be on that coaches' team. Blake used the very first block of the season and at first tried to blame it on Alicia!! Then Adam goes, "The good news is, you're out of blocks. And you didn't get the dude which is even better!"

The first contestant I really liked was Brynn. She is a 14 year old girl from a small town and first heard a Kelly Clarkson song when she was 4! I immediately knew that the coaches would be shocked when they turned around and then talked to her to find out her age, and they were. And of course Brynnn chose Kelly as her coach. As Kelly said, the power of 14 was with her: Brynn is 14 years old, Kelly was wearing a "14" jersey, and it's season 14! Kelly is already off to a great start!!!

Some other contestants that made it through that I liked were Kelsea, Drew, D. R. King, and Kaleb. A funny thing about D. R. King: After his audition, he told us that he used to be a teacher. Kelly then proceeded to say that school teachers are underpaid and that it is a selfless job that needs to be applauded. He then proceeded to say that he wasn't happy doing that!

Kaleb is an awesome country singer that Kelly and Blake fought over. And it was a pretty good fight!!! Kelly brought up the fact that Reba is, as she put it, "my mommy-in law!!" But in the end, Kaleb decided to go with Blake.

Overall the season premier was great and I'm so excited for more!!! It's great that Kelly is on the show because in a way it's like she's coming full circle, back to the kind of start that she got. Now she gets to help other people out in a similar way that she was helped!!! Leave me your thoughts if you watched the show!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment