Saturday, February 3, 2018

This...is American Idol!

For those of you that personally know me, you will know that I used to be obsessed with American Idol!!! Like seriously, it was my life!!! I watched it every week, voted, cut out pictures and magazine articles of the contestants, recorded TV appearances that my favorite Idols were on. I didn't start watching the show from the very beginning though. I had heard about the show right before the finale of the first season and instantly became a fan of Kelly Clarkson! Then I heard the show was coming back for a 2nd season so I watched the first episode and immediately became hooked!!

I watched every season up until season 11. After that, I can't even tell you the names of the winners from seasons 12-15. I did try to watch some of season 15 since it was the last season, but it just wasn't the same as seasons 2-11. I stopped watching because as I got older I got into other things and had more important things going on. Plus, there just weren't any people on the show that I felt connected to. Each season there were always at least 1 or 2 people that I found that I really liked!! Season 2 it was Julia DeMato. She is a hairdresser from Connecticut that I'm actually friends with on Facebook. She has an awesome singing voice! Season 3 I really liked Amy Adams!! I just loved her personality and her great voice!! Season 4 it was Anthony Fedorov!! I thought he was just so cute and loved his voice!! Season 5 was Kellie Pickler!! It was because of her that I wanted to get a job at Sonic Drive-In. She used to work there before she went on Idol and it was around the same time that they showed her audition on the show that we were getting a Sonic near where I lived. How ironic is that? She's just so bubbly and cute!! Season 6 was Blake Lewis, another contestant that I thought was cute! And the following season had yet another guy I thought was cute, David Archuleta! Danny Gokey was my favorite from season 8 and Aaron Kelly was my favorite from season 9. Season 10 I went back to having a girl as a favorite, Lauren Alaina and then season 11 I honestly didn't have a favorite contestant.

Of course there are a ton of other contestants from the show that I love now!! Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Lauren Alaina, Jordin Sparks, and Kellie Pickler would definitely, hands-down have to be my favorites!!!

I'm so excited that the show is coming back!! Yes it is going to be a lot different now not only because it is on a different network but because I'm a lot older watching it now than I was the last time it was on. I'm excited that I get to introduce my kids to the show! They would have heard about it eventually, but now I get to watch it with them! I'm sure Little E probably won't care about it and maybe Big E won't care either, but I think she will at least watch a little more of it than Little E. She loves music so I'm sure she'll watch some of it!!

I've recently been on a Kelly Clarkson kick because I love her new album that came out and am looking forward to hopefully seeing her in concert this summer!! The other day at lunch, I heard Big E singing part of a Kelly Clarkson song!! I can tell I've been playing a lot of her music recently and my little sponge is taking it all in!!


No comments:

Post a Comment