Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Sewing

In August of 2016, I got a sewing machine. This wasn't just any sewing machine though. We got it from Craigslist and it was a pretty old machine. The manual that came with it says 1962 on it!! And it came with a nice table that has 3 drawers for storage and some more storage underneath where the machine sits and where the pedal to make it work is.

Here are some projects I made. It's been a while since I made anything, so quite honestly these projects may be the only things I've ever made. Actually, I did make Big E a skirt to wear at the kiddos' birthday party last year and using the same fabric I made Little E something to sew on a onesie for him. But other than that I can't think of anything else that I've made.












While I have enjoyed making those items and I still use a lot of those items today, I have decided that I am going to give up sewing and sell my machine and all my fabric that I never used. I just don't have the time to sew anymore and I don't have the skill to make the projects that I wish I could make. Yes I know, practice would make me better, but it just doesn't give me joy like it used to.

My aunt was telling me recently that she got a Cricut for Christmas and she has just started using it and she loves it! I have seen Cricuts before and have always wanted one but now I really want one because it would allow me to create so much more than I would be able to do with sewing. I already have a secret Pinterest board of projects I want to make!! And I've been watching some videos from the Cricut website!! I want to be prepared for when I eventually get one!! Oh and when I have my own classroom someday, imagine all the projects I can make then!! So what about you, do you like crafting and if so, what do you like to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment