Monday, February 12, 2018

I love to read!

I love to read! I always have and I always will. When I was in school, I was one of those students that was almost always reading! When I found a book I loved (which was almost every book I've read), I just couldn't put it down. I read about half of the Harry Potter series (I stopped reading them once I got into American Idol, check out this post to read about my Idol obsession) and all of Twilight. Some of my other favorites I've read are: Marley and Me, The Last Song, Eat, Pray, Love, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and The Best of Me. I could write more but the list would go on and on.

I use the app Goodreads to keep track of the books I've read, am reading, and want to read. They have a feature on the app where you can set a goal of how many books you want to read during the year. I set my goal for this to 18. Last year I only read 13 books so I set my goal for this year a little higher. So far I've read 3 books!! (2 of the books I actually started in the middle of December, but I'm still counting them for have read them this year)

I'm actually thinking I might up my goal a little bit because I Think I may actually get to read more this year. If I keep at the pace I'm going with 3 books a month, that will give me a grand total of 36 books this year!

So now why do I love reading so much? I just love being able to escape from the real world for a little bit. Not that I don't love the real world because I definitely do, but it is great to just forget the things going on in your life for even a few minutes at a time and dive into a different world!! I love when I find a book that I can't put down, which like I said is almost all the time!! I am definitely hoping my kiddos enjoy reading as much as I do! My hubby doesn't like reading, in fact the only reading he does is on the internet or at work. But I'm definitely hoping that his dislike for reading doesn't rub off on them.

Here is my currently reading list:



Nicole's bookshelf: currently-reading

Can You Keep a Secret?
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
I really need to finish reading that first one because I've been reading it since May of last year! Again, I didn't start it this year, but I'm going to count it towards the number of books I've read this year. Well, that is if I actually finish it this year!! And the 3rd book I'm really enjoying so far even though I'm not that far into it. I'm reading it for a book club with other people that are doing Young Living as a business. We are going to be reading one book a month up until June, so that will be a guaranteed 5 books going towards my total books read for 2018.
So far since I signed up for Goodreads in March of 2011, I've read 51 books. There may be some on there that I've missed because I actually didn't start tracking them on the app until 2013. I'm going to go through books in the app and mark them at read so I can get a kind of close estimate of how many books I've ever read! With the books I've added so far I'm up to 90!!
Leave me some comments telling me some of your favorite books that you would recommend for me to read!!

I also want to know whether you like to read a physical book or ebooks. I prefer ebooks because I think they are easier to read. I can take them anywhere easily which is great! But I like reading physical books every now and then as well. I just recently found the book See Me by Nicholas Sparks at Ollie's for $2.99!! I definitely couldn't pass up that awesome deal!!! As for ebooks, I get a lot of them through the Overdrive app where you sign in using your library card and then can borrow books for 2 weeks at a time! This allows me to read almost any book I want without having to spend any money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment