Friday, March 16, 2018

TGIF!!!

This is the first time in a while that I've been so excited for Friday to finally be here!! My hubby has been gone for work since Sunday so for the most part it has been just me and the kiddos. I say for the most part because my mom came over Monday night and stayed the night Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. My mom had to work each day so I was still on my own a lot of the week. And then today I had to work which was kind of weird after being off all week and then working one day because now it's the weekend!

We have had quite an interesting week. Let me tell you about it! On Monday morning I was sitting out in the living room getting some class work done and the kids were playing in the playroom. Well, after a little while, it was too quiet so I decided to go check on them. The coat closet wasn't locked so either Big E or Little E (I think it was the big one), got into sunscreen and had it on the floor and windowsill in the playroom. It was then that I decided to get rid of the foam floor mats that we've had in the playroom for almost 4 years. It was just way too hard to get the sunscreen out of them. Plus I wasn't able to vacuum them because the suction of the vacuum on the foam mats was way too strong and didn't allow the vacuum to move.

On Tuesday, Big E made a huge mess with nail polish and the cats' food and water in the hallway while she was supposed to be up in her room napping. I thought she was doing pretty good with staying in her room ever since we got her the alarm clock that turns green when it is ok for her to come out of her room. But that only does that in the morning, so I guess she thinks the lack of color on the alarm clock means she can leave her room. Also on Tuesday (I think) is when Big E got an egg from the fridge and cracked it on the playroom floor. But not just onto the floor, it went onto a foam mat! So guess what, the rest of the foam mats in the playroom are gone. In fact, the whole playroom got a makeover!!




As you can tell the playroom is a complete mess at the moment. But that will change before bedtime tonight! It actually isn't as bad as it normally gets so it shouldn't take the kiddos too long to clean up. The living room actually looks pretty good as well. I just decided it was time for a change in the playroom so that's just what it got!!

On Wednesday our mess of the day was the downstairs toilet getting clogged and overflowing. This happened right after the kiddos went down for their nap and my mom hadn't left for work yet. With almost all of the towels in the house, we cleaned it up and then ended up having to wash those towels 3 times before they smelled good again. Wednesday afternoon the kiddos and I went to the pool and had a great time!! We would have gone on Tuesday but didn't because of Big E's huge mess she made.

Thursday was one of the best days we had this week. I had no messes to clean up so that's definitely a win! We went to story time and then Chic-Fil A for a lunch playdate and both kiddos did a great job!!

And then we come to today, Friday!!! I was in for a 5th grade teacher that I will also be in for on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week. I love assignments like this because being in the same class for 2 days or longer makes me feel a little bit like a full-time teacher. Today was interesting because I had to cover for a 4th grade teacher for a period in the morning and then one in the afternoon. Plus I did some copying so I did a lot of walking around that school today!!

And now it is dinner time, which means bedtime is not too far away!! A few hours after the kiddos go to bed,  my hubby will be home! That's going to be one of my favorite parts of this day and this week!! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment