Thursday, December 14, 2017

I love to read!!




I struggle with reading. And I don't mean that I struggle with reading the words. I'm a great reader and have been for a long time. What I mean is that I struggle with having the time to read. I keep telling myself that I'm going to read more and then I do for about a week, but then I read less and less again. I used to read right before bedtime because that was the perfect time for me to read each day. And you know what, I'm going to start doing that again!

I had a goal this year that I set through the website Goodreads, to read 20 books in 2017. Well, I met 65% of that goal with a whopping 13 out of 20 books read. I can't remember what my goal was for 2016, but I'm pretty sure that this year I was closer to my goal than 2016. And hey, I shouldn't say that I "was" closer to my goal, because the year isn't over yet!!!

There are currently 3 books that I'm reading so I'm going to work on reading at least 2 of those by the end of the month!!!

The first one is First Comes Love by Emily Giffin. It's about a pair of sisters who find themselves following very different paths 15 years after a tragedy in their family. The anniversary of that tragedy is coming up and they must not only confront the issues that divide them, but come to terms with their own choices they made. In that journey toward understanding and forgiveness, they discover that they need each other more than they knew and that love always comes first.



The next book I'm reading is Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella. She wrote the Confessions of a Shopaholic series so when I saw this book, I figured I would like it. And I was right! From what I've read so far I am definitely enjoying it!!! It is about a 28 year old who wakes up in the hospital and is in for a big surprise! She was in a car accident and lost 3 years of her memory! She went from being a 25 year old working girl to a corporate big shot with a much more glamorous life! Oh, did I mention that she is now married but she doesn't remember her wedding or even meeting him?



And the final book I've been reading is Oola for Women: How to Balance the 7 Key Areas of Life to Have Less Stress, More Purpose, and Reveal the Greatness Within You. I got introduced to this book through Young Living. Oola is that state of awesomeness you experience when your life is balanced and growing in all the key areas of health and well-being. Those 7 areas are called the 7 F's of Oola and are: fitness, finance, family, field, faith, friends, and fun. It has a quiz that you can take in the back to see where you rank in all 7 areas. I am going to see if I can find my results from when I first got the book and then take it again after reading it to see where I stand now. I highly recommend checking out this book!!


The first 2 books I borrowed the e-book versions from the library and the 3rd one I own. So I'm going to need to see which of those 2 I can borrow right now and then start reading! I've only got 18 more days left to see how close to my goal I can get!! What are some good books you've read recently or what are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment