Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas has come and gone...

Well, just like that, the day we've been counting down to for the past month or so has come and gone. We had a great day spent with family! We only had to travel an hour each way to visit family and traffic wasn't bad at all.

Both kiddos had a great time and enjoyed their gifts!!! Little E got a play vacuum cleaner and to say he loves it is a huge understatement!!! He started playing with it again when we got home right at bedtime and if he had his way, he would have taken it with him!!





Big E got  kid's cookbook that came with color coded measuring cups that match the recipes. It has the measurements on it as well, but until they are old enough to know what 1 cup, 1/2 cup, etc. is, you can ask them what color cup the ingredient goes in. It also shows a picture of the ingredients so it makes it easy for them to read the recipe. Last night we made a smoothie and it was really good!! It had celery in it and you couldn't taste it at all!! Oh, and she also got an Elsa apron and spatula set that she absolutely loves!! She wants to wear the apron all the time!!



You know how they say "great minds think alike"? Well, my hubby and I both have great minds!!


About a month ago or so, we made quesadillas in the oven and my hubby started looking at quesadilla makers online and once when we were out at a store. So I thought a quesadilla maker would be a great gift for the man that I never know what to get him! Well, apparently he thought the same thing would be a great gift for me because I got him one and he got me one! We used one last night to make quesadillas using leftover ham from Christmas Eve and they were amazing!! Each one took 3 minutes once the maker was preheated which is so much quicker than in the oven! I'm going to be trying out some recipes that have been recommended to me and I'm also going to search for some more!

Now I've got 5 more days at home with my little ones until I go back to work next Tuesday, January 2nd. I went from having 1 day of work next week to 3, so I'm excited about that! I'm now in 3 districts so I hope by adding the 3rd district I will get some more jobs! Things are still going great with the new sitter and I'm so thankful that we found her! Childcare can be so expensive to the point that if I went to a daycare center, my whole check from subbing (plus some), would be going right to childcare. At least with this sitter I actually have some extra money after we pay for each week. I just want to know when Big E is going to stop calling her the "new babysitter" and just the "babysitter"!

Well, that's all for now. This Saturday we are going to do some major cleaning out of the toys so I will be sure to get a before and after of that and post that here!! Have a great day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment