Tuesday, April 3, 2018

It's back!

American Idol is back and I'm finally sharing my thoughts about it!! I absolutely loved the beginning of the very first show!! I knew it was Carrie Underwood speaking as soon as she started talking! I'm so glad that Ryan Seacrest decided to stay on as the host otherwise I think the whole show would be a lot different! It already is going to be different because of the judges, so it's good they kept at least one constant. It is also on ABC now instead of Fox, so we'll see how different that makes it. I think I heard that they are going to be showing more of the good auditions than the bad.

Big E was sitting on the couch beside me, watching along with me! I never thought this day would come!! I always thought that I was going to just have to show Big E and Little E American Idol shows from seasons past! So it is so cool that she can actually watch a new season with me! I'm not sure how much of it she will actually watch, but so far she made it 10 minutes into it!! I kind of got her to watch it because I told her how Kelly Clarkson was on this show and won the first season. She just said "That's not Kelly Clarkson!!" But then she proceeded to say "I have that song in my car," so I think she recognized the song that was playing. There are actually a few songs that play on the radio that Big E loves! Her favorite at the moment is "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons.

So far I have just watched the first episode of Hollywood week and I'm really digging this season. There are so many great contestants so far and I can't wait to see who actually makes it through to the first voting round. There is a girl who is a karaoke singer and has never actually performed in front of other people unless she is singing karaoke. There's a 16 year old named Layla that comes from a small country town and has a great accent and singing voice!! There's Noah who wants an alpaca if he wins.

I'll be sure to post occasionally about my thoughts on the show! I am excited the show is back and can't wait to see how this season turns out!! As I wrote about here I am also watching The Voice because Kelly Clarkson is a coach on that show. I have only watched 1 other season of the show (and it probably wasn't even the whole season), but I'm really getting into it because of Kelly!! Do you watch American Idol or The Voice? Who are some of your favorite contestants that have been on either show?

No comments:

Post a Comment