Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Top 24 on American Idol

So as always, I'm a little behind on American Idol. It seems like I have a million shows to watch these days and just not enough hours to watch them all! But I just got finished with the episode where they revealed the top 24. This is always a nerve-wracking episode that has be on the edge of my seat because out of 50 people that they are left with, only 24 make it through!! And in every single season that I've watched of this show, there are always a handful of people in that top 50 that I absolutely love that don't make it to the top 24. This season is no different because there were some people that I loved since their audition but they just didn't have what it takes it make it to the next round.

So here are my favorites from the top 24 of American Idol


1. Layla- She is from Oklahoma and came into her first audition with her cute little sister Dixie. Her very first audition was adorable and I hope to see her to go far!

2. Gabby- She came into her audition wanting to do a Carrie Underwood song but they wanted her to do something different so she did. Well on her last performance before the top 24, she decided to take the risk and sing a Carrie song. That was really risky, but really good and good enough to get her to the top 24!!

3. Catie- She is definitely a character! She's got a quirky personality and a great voice to go along with it. When it was her time to hear the news from the judges about making it through to the top 24, I didn't think she was going to make it because they showed her reaction first and it was just her bawling her eyes out as she walked out of the room. But she made it!!

4. Jurnee- She is another one that I loved since her first audition!

5. Ada- This is an interesting contestant. He tried out for season 12 and actually made it to Hollywood but was cut during Hollywood week. But then since then he created another side to him that he named Ada and is a woman. I'm haven't read too much online so I don't know what America thinks of Ada, but I think she's got a good voice. We'll see how far she can go.

6. Mara- Another young contestant that I've loved since the beginning. At just 15 years old, this girl can sing!! I could definitely see her in the top 12.

7. Garrett- Another favorite of mine since his first audition. He's a grandma's boy and called her on Factime after getting his ticket to Hollywood which was so cute!

8. Marcio- He came to his first audition with his then-6-month old son. It was his sister's son but she couldn't care for him due to drug abuse problems. The police and a social worker came to Marcio when the baby was only 1 week old and said he had to make the decision of putting him in the system or taking him to raise as his own. He chose the latter because he grew up in the system and didn't want to repeat that cycle.

Favorites that didn't make it through to the top 24:

1. Trevor- He is the guy that is in a love triangle with Katy Perry. She fell in love with him at his first audition but he has a girlfriend who is a little jealous of Katy. The back and forth between him and Katy has been hilarious!

2. Noah- He came into his first audition saying that when he wins he wants to get an alpaca. That is one of the strangest things I've heard a contestant on American Idol say, but I thought he was pretty good. And so did Katy, Lionel, and Luke because he made it all the way to the top 50 out of thousands of people that tried out.

3. Laine- He was a country singer that reminded me of Scotty McCreery a little bit. He was good, but I guess just not good enough.

4. Maddie- She played guitar during her first audition and thought she could go pretty far in this competition. It's a bummer that she didn't make it.

Now I have 2 more episodes to watch before being completely caught up. I have a full-work week this week (just picked up a job on Friday), so I won't have that much time to watch this week. But somehow or another, I will get caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment