Monday, March 19, 2018

Dreams

Today in the class that I was subbing for, we read a poem called "Dreams" by Langston Hughes.

Dreams

Hold fast to dreams 
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

This poem is so great because it is so true. Just think about it. Everyone, I don't matter who you are, has some kind of dream, something you want to achieve in life. It might be a certain job that you want to attain, finding your soulmate, traveling the world. We all have a goal, or multiple goals, that drive us and motivate us. If we didn't have those dreams, then what would be the point of living? Wouldn't life be so boring if we just got up, went to work, came home, slept, and did it all over again? Having dreams keeps us going in life and gives us something to work towards.
For me, my current dream is to have my own classroom and be a full-time teacher. This is a dream I've been trying to reach for at least 10 years now. I can't remember the year I decided I wanted to be a teacher, but I knew in my senior year of high school which was exactly 10 years ago, that I wanted to go to school to get a teaching degree. And now it's crazy that 10 years later I still have the same dream of being a teacher. And I'm working towards that dream by substitute teaching. I'm hoping that this fall will be my year to start my teaching career.
Another dream I have is to make tons of memories with my husband and 2 kids. I hope that we can visit new places together and just enjoy the time we have as a family. There have definitely been a lot of reminders within the past year alone that have proven the point that life is too short and you never know how much time you have left.
So what are some dreams you have? I would love to hear them!! Have a great rest of your Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment