Sunday, March 4, 2018

Go away sickness!!!!

So since I started using essential oils back in May of 2016, the amount of times that me or my kiddos have been sick hasn't been that much. As I may have mentioned in a previous post I did about oils, I'm not a doctor and I'm not allowed to say that Young Living essential oils prevent, cure, diagnose, or treat any illnesses or diseases. But using them to support our overall wellness has definitely been working for us!!! Just because my family or any other oily family out there uses essential oils, it doesn't mean we can never get sick again. It still happens but trust me, it is not as often as it used to be and it doesn't last for as long either.

Just last week, Big E and Little E both had some kind of stomach bug. They got them a day apart, one right after the other and only lasted for about 24 hours. Little E was the last of the 2 to get it and I hadn't gotten it so I thought maybe I was in the clear. Well, I woke up last Wednesday (luckily it was a day I had off), and I wasn't feeling too good. I wasn't surprised because just 48 hours prior to that, my mom got sick and she had been home with both kiddos during the weekend while me and the hubby went away.

So what are the steps that we take in our household to prevent any bugs from spreading to everyone else? Handwashing is definitely a must!!! And we do that with my homemade hand soap that I make using Thieves essential oil, castile soap, and water! I also make sure to clean the house like crazy with my Thieves all-purpose spray! Just a capful of the cleaner in a 16-ounce water bottle filled with water an I've got a cleaner that lasts me a few weeks or so, just depends on how often I use it.

I also diffuse Thieves essential oil any chance I get. I add a drop of Thieves vitality to my water for a little immune support. And I try to drink a little extra Ningxia Red, which is a wonderful supplement that a lot of people (myself included) drink an ounce of each day in place of a multi-vitamin.

With essential oils it's all about staying above the wellness line and there are so many great oils that help our family do just that!! I would love to chat more with you about getting started on your oily journey today so please don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment