Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Update on Big E!

So I just searched by blog and the last time I did an update about how potty training was going with Big E was August of last year. I wish I could say that there has been a difference since then, but there has not. She is still doing excellent with peeing in the potty with only the occasional accident here and there. But even though she knows where she needs to go poo-poo, she still won't go in the potty. Most of the time when she goes, it's in her diaper so it is at least a little easier to clean up rather than it being in underwear. But I'm completely stuck with what we need to do in order for her to start pooping on the potty.

A year ago I was so sure that she was going to go still be in diapers in high school!! Like seriously, that's how rough potty training was going!! But sure enough, she's finally learned that she needs to pee on the potty and not in her pants. So I know that she will eventually start pooping on the potty. I haven't' been too stressed about it because I know it will eventually happen. She goes number 1 more than number 2, so I think it's more important that she does that in the potty. And we go through a ton less diapers with her than we used to!!!

What tricks do you have for getting your kiddos to poop in the potty? I'm thinking I may start finding some books about pooping and just talk a lot more about how we are supposed to go in the potty. Or maybe even potty videos might work since she loves watching TV. Or perhaps a potty training app? I"ll try just about anything right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment