Monday, March 12, 2018

Zumba!!!!

I've mentioned Zumba a few times in previous posts but I just felt like I needed to do another one! It has now been almost a year and a half since I took my first Zumba class at our local YMCA. I used to go on just Monday's but then one time when my hubby was on a work trip, I decided to go an extra day and go on a Monday. Then we put Big E in gymnastics and it just happened to be the same night as that Monday Zumba class so I decided to go to that class every Monday. Then even after Big E was done with gymnastics on Monday's, I still kept going because I just loved the instructor! I love the instructor that teaches on Thursday night's, too!!!

I also wrote in the past about how I went to a Zumbathon and at that event I decided I wanted to become a Zumba instructor. Well, that hasn't happened quite yet but I have been thinking about that again. I just looked up info on the training for it and it's only $225. I know that seems like a lot, but if I could get a part-time job somewhere teaching Zumba, it would definitely be worth it. As you also may know, I have a teaching degree and am substituting right now but am hoping to have a full-time position this fall. So teaching Zumba would be perfect for me.

The only thing is...I don't really have a background with dance. I didn't do any sports in school and I don't really have an athletic bone in my body. But you know what...I feel so alive when I'm in a Zumba class. I have always enjoyed music (hence my American Idol obsession I had when I was younger) and Zumba is all about music! I don't quite know how to explain it but it's like I feel so pumped during a Zumba class. I almost feel like a different person. I feel part of this great community and feel so good about myself for that one hour of exercise that doesn't feel like exercise at all. Now I'm not saying I don't feel good about myself any other time, because I definitely do. But it's just, I don't know, so hard to put in words.

So I'm going to continue going to Zumba twice a week and maybe even watch some videos on YouTube to figure out how I can improve on my dance moves. Because there are just certain things I can't do. Like move my hips or shake my shoulders. But then there are a ton of other moves that I feel like I have down pat! There's a lot of songs that I've danced to a bunch of times and I get so excited when they start playing! It makes me feel even more confident knowing that I know the dance moves really well!! Who knows, maybe within the next year I'll actually go to the basic training, we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment