Tuesday, January 16, 2018

More on my decision

I didn't make it to church this past weekend like I wanted to but I'm ok with that. I've been doing some more thinking and have had some good conversations with 2 of my friends. I told both of them that I've gone pretty much all of my life without being a religious person and that I'm doing just fine without it. They both essentially told me the same thing, but in 2 different ways, that I may think that I'm doing alright without religion, but I just don't see what I'm missing yet.

One of my friends that I talked to (who is also a fellow oily user), related this to people who don't use oils. They think that they are doing perfectly fine in life with oils but then all of a sudden they try them and boom, they work for them and now that person can't imagine life without them. So maybe I just need some sort of experience like that to make me realize that I do need religion in my life.

Part of me still thinks that maybe the reason I'm having these thoughts is because I need to meet some new people and gain some new friends, but I don't know. I recently bought and received a book of Bible stories for kids. It has 2 different levels of reading it. You can read through it and just read the words at the top for younger kids which is a shorter version of the stories. Or you can read the bottoms of the pages as well for older kids. So I'm going to start reading through this book with Big E and just see what information from that she picks up.

Then this summer I'm going to find at least one vacation Bible school for her to attend so she can learn more there. A friend also suggested that I start by asking her simple questions like "Do you know who made the trees, the clouds, etc." And then next Christmas, I will definitely be talking about the true meaning of Christmas with her. I think by then she will be able to understand a little more than she will be able to now.

The main thing that has been going on in my mind is that as long as my kids know right from wrong, I'm happy. The simple lessons like "treat others the way you want to be treated" and saying "please", "thank you", and "your welcome." As long as I raise my kids to be good people, I know I've done my job as a mother. There is a lot of bad in this world and I don't think it is ever going to get better. But I can sleep easy at the end of the day knowing that I taught my kids to do the right things in life. And to me, it doesn't matter if we go to church or not. Just being taught the good values in life is the most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment