Monday, January 8, 2018

Here is what I have decided

This post is a follow up to my previous post, A kind of uncomfortable post. So if you haven't read that one yet, read that one first and then come back to read this one.

I texted my hubby while he was away for work last Thursday and told him that I was thinking about maybe checking out a local church with my mom. I told him about the blog post I wrote and wanting to start reading the Bible. I asked what he thought about that and mentioned the fact that we never talked about religion before. I also told him that I was nervous to even bring up the subject because I didn't know what he would think. Well, he said he isn't interested in it at all. And I am totally ok with that. But it got me thinking: why do I all of a sudden have an interest in religion and reading the Bible?

Part of me just wanted to stop having thoughts about religion and just forget about it all. I mean, I'm going to be 28 soon and for the past 12 years or so of my life, I haven't gone to church or read the Bible and I'm doing just fine. It just got me thinking, what am I going to gain by going to church? Well, one thing I'm thinking I could gain is new friends. As I've written about before, I've been struggling with my friendships recently. I was just telling my husband the other day that I actually don'e even know who my friends are anymore. Sure I have some people that I text and talk to on Facebook regularly, but then there's also people that I talk to way less now than I used to. And it's been a while since I've seen a lot of my friends or hungout with them. So maybe by going to church I'll meet some new people and maybe that's just what I need.

So I've decided that I'm going to keep using the Bible app that I found and follow the "Bible in One Year" plan. It's been a bit hard keeping up already but I'm determined to stick with this. I'm going to even try to get a day or 2 ahead every now and then so I can stay on track. Also, next week I'm going to go to a local church with my mom for an event they have for new members. It is a non-denominational church and I think it is going to be a great fit. They have what seems to be a great children's program so I'm excited to learn more about that.

I'm also going to start watching Veggie Tales with Big E and see what she picks up from watching that. I can maybe look into getting some children's books that would introduce her to the idea of God and religion. My aunt suggested finding a vacation Bible school this summer so I'm' definitely looking forward to doing that!

I still don't think the reason I want to jump into this is 100% clear to me yet, but I'm excited to see where this journey will take me! Like I've said many times before, everything happens for  reason so eventually I will find the reason for wanting to pursue these thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment