Thursday, January 18, 2018

Video gamer here!

I think one thing that most people don't know about me is that I love to play video games!!! When I was younger I played some console games on Playstation 2, Wii, and even a Sega Dreamcast!! My kids will never know what that last console was, haha. I even played some computer games like The Sims!!!

Well, when Big E was about 3 months old, my dad and step-mom kept her for a weekend while I went to a concert and my hubby had airsoft for a day. That was on Saturday and then Sunday we were both at home and only had planned to go see a movie. Either before or after seeing a movie, I asked my hubby to teach me how to play one of the video games he plays on the computer. He has always been a big computer guy. He is great with them!! And he loves playing video games!!!

So he taught me how to play Minecraft!!! I instantly fell in love with the game and we would play every night and then all day Saturday and Sunday. You have to remember that this was when Big E was 3 months old, so pretty much all she did all day was eat and sleep. So for a while, our Saturday's and Sunday's were filled with video games!!

Then we started playing a game called ArcheAge. I'm pretty sure that anyone reading that has heard of World of Warcraft or WoW. Well, this is a game that is kind of similar to that game. The one aspect of the game I love is that you can own land and then plant things such as rice, corn, lavender, irises, and much more. Then you use those materials to make things and you can sell them to get gold. The whole point of the game is to create gear for your player and then you do quests to level your character up and you fight other players. I think another big aspect of the game I love is the people that we play with. They have what is called "guilds" which is a team of people that you play with. These are people from all over the world that play! We have been in a lot of different guilds within the past 3 and a half years that we've been playing this game. And we talk to them online when we play which is awesome! We've had some fun times and conversations playing with people that we don't even know in real life!! One thing that is funny is when you talk to these people for a while and you haven't seen a picture of them. Then when you finally do see a picture, it's nothing like what you imagined they looked like!!!

Now that Big E is older plus we have Little E, our only game time is at night when they go to bed and naptime on the weekends. I used to be so into gaming that during naptime during the week I would go down to the basement and play! I've stopped doing that now because while they are napping I like to either take a nap as well or catch up on some cleaning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment