Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Oily Wednesday

Hello there. It's Wednesday again! This week I'm going to talk to you about lavender.

Image result for lavender young living

Lavender is one of my favorite oils not just because of the smell, but because of how versatile this oil is. It is known as "the swiss army knife of oils". Who was the first person that called it that? I have no idea, but whoever called it that first, is absolutely right!! Lavender is known by most for it's relaxing aroma but it is more than just that. I've heard that for some it may even be an energizing oil instead of the opposite, so that is interesting.

Here are some ways I like to use it:

I found a recipe for a roller ball called "Goodnight, Sleep-Tight" that I put on my temples, wrists, neck, and behind my ears right before bed. It is 4-8 drops of Lavender, 6-12 drops of Stress Away (which is a blend that also has lavender in it, more on this blend some other week) and then you fill the rest of the bottle with a carrier oil.

I use lavender in roller bottle blend that is soothing to the skin! It is 3 drops each of Lavender, Purification, and Frankincense.

It's great to add to a bath! Just add 10 drops to 1 cup of epsom salts, store in a mason jar, and use 2 tablespoons in your bath!

I have a roller bottle with Stress Away and Lavender that I put on my temples, wrists, neck, and behind my ears when my nervous system needs support during times of stress. (Which lets be honest, as a mom, this is needed a few times a day some days!)

Lavender is one of the oils that I make sure I never run out of because I use it for so many things!

No comments:

Post a Comment