Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Sleep is so overrated!

Some nights I get a decent amount of sleep, other nights I don't. My youngest has been teasing me with sleep. When he was first born he would wake up 3-4 times a night. Then there were some nights that he would sleep from 7:30 pm until at least 4 am the next morning, sometimes 5 or 6! Sometimes he would go a week or two sleeping like this. More recently, he has been getting up at 1 or 2 am, 5:30 am, and then 8. I know that eventually he will start sleeping through the night like my 2 year old, but it drives me crazy knowing that he can make it through the night without eating but for some reason keeps getting up multiple times. I just started him on oatmeal baby cereal a little over a week ago and then a few nights ago I started him on sweet potatoes, so maybe that will help keep him fuller? I don't know.

One thing I do know is that when you become a mother, there's something no one ever tells you: you have officially signed over your rights of getting a full night of sleep for at least the first year of your child's life! Unless you get lucky and your child sleeps through the night from the start. I got a little luckier with my second because my first born never slept this long at night at such a young age. And as I said before, I know that eventually he will start sleeping more at night and I will get more sleep.

Today my little guy only had one nap that was about 2 hours long. I kept him awake the rest of the day because I'm kind of thinking that maybe he sleeps too much during the day so maybe that is why he is up so often at night. Because of it being election night (I hope everyone voted!) I was in line to vote for 2 hours and 20 minutes, so I didn't get home until 8:45 pm! That is about an hour and a half after I normally put him down to bed. So I don't know what time he'll be up tonight, but hopefully I get to go to sleep for a little bit before he decides to wake up. I'm browsing Pinterest for a little bit, taking a shower, and then I'm off to bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment