Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I've been slacking again...

To keep up with my teaching certification, I need a certain amount of professional development credits by a certain date. I am currently in need of 106 hours and have 1 year and 5 months to finish up those credits. I'm not exactly sure what happens if I don't get all my needed credits before time is up, but I don't want to find out. Luckily I'm able to take free classes online that get me anywhere between 5 and 15 hours of credit, it just depends on the class. And all I need to do for them is some reading and writing. I'm actually enjoying it because I've written a few lesson plans already. Most teachers would probably say that they dislike writing lesson plans, but I actually like it!!

For each course you have about 90 days to finish it and I currently have one that I'm enrolled in that I have 1 month to finish. All I need to do is create a lesson plan and then come up with an authentic assessment to go with it. I've got an idea of what I want to do so now I just need to get to it and write!

I divided it out and figured out that i need to get an average of 6 hours of credit per month in order to reach my 106 hours needed. If I take one class that is worth 10 hours or 2 that are worth 5 per month, I will definitely reach that!! If I can, I'm going to see if I can get more than 6 hours of credit per month just so I can get it out of the way!

This is where my bullet journal is going to come in handy!! I need to start making a daily spread for each week so I can look at my schedule for the week and plan when I'm going to work on my class work. If that means there is less time to play video games, then that's what I'm going to have to do. If it means of my days off of subbing that I don't take a nap while the kiddos nap, then so be it. I need to stop being lazy and get my class work done so I can finish my credits!! I know it will be a lot easier to keep up with my professional development when I get a full-time job, but until then I just need to take as many of these free classes as I can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment