Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Planning a trip...or 2!

So I'm not sure when exactly either of these trips are happening, but I just made 2 spreads in my bullet journal to start saving for them!! My hubby and I are going to go to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas and then as a family we are going to Disney World!!! The Atlantis trip will hopefully be before the Disney trip. I'm hoping that we go to Atlantis within the next 5 years. A great part about both trips is that we shouldn't have to spend much, if anything, on our flights because of all the traveling my hubby has done for work. We can use the points he has accumulated so that part of the trip will be covered. The only flight we will have to pay for is from Florida to the Bahamas because Southwest (the airline his points are with), don't fly out of the country.

Here is my tracker for our Atlantis trip:


And here is the one for our Disney trip:



Like I said, neither trip will be anytime soon, but if feels good knowing that we are going to start saving for them soon. Neither trip will be cheap, but they will totally be worth it!!!! The hubby and I haven't had a big trip away with each other since before the kids were born, so that was more than 4 years ago. And I can't wait for my kids to experience Disney World!! We want to go when they are 7 and 9. I went to Disney when I was 8 and I only remember a few things from that trip. I would say we should wait until they are both a little older than 7 and 9, but at the same time I want them both to be young enough to enjoy it. I know there is something at Disney for anyone, no matter what age they are. But I really want Big E to still be into the Princesses when we go.

I can't wait until I can start filling in these squares on these pages to show our progress of saving!! My plan is to try to put $50 towards both of them at the same time. Some weeks we may get to put money into the savings and some weeks we might not. Once I get a full-time teaching job we will definitely be able to start saving a lot more. But until then, we'll save when we can and not stress about how much we have in there. I know in the end that we can make both trips possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment