Saturday, July 22, 2017

Our new living room!

We'v been wanting to upgrade our living room for a while now so this past weekend while the kiddos were at my dad and step-mom's, we finally got the chance to do just that! I don't have any before pictures, but we didn't have much room for toy storage and there was just a small entertainment stand beneath the TV. We used to have the TV on the stand but then we decided to mount it on the wall instead. So we got rid of that stand and now our living room looks like this:


We got 2 sets of 6 cube storage units and my hubby screwed them together to create this. And then we got 12 bins to fill the bottom cubes so we could fill them with toys. The top cubes just hold the bigger Little People toys, plus one of them holds the computer that is hooked up to our TV.

I have always wanted our living room to look like this! It is so much more organized now and it looks a little bigger because the cube system sticks out 7 inches less than the entertainment stand did! I've been to some of my friends houses that have living rooms that look similar to this and I've always wanted mine to look that way as well cause it looked so much neater than what my living room used to look like!

I'm still working on getting the rest of my house looking super organized and clean. I wrote in one of my most recent posts about doing the 10 week organizing challenge that that is going alright so far. That first day I got all of our paperwork out of the filing cabinet and put it in 4 piles. So far we've only gone through 2 piles, but I plan on getting through the last 2 piles within the next few days so I can get the stuff back in the filing cabinet! Stay tuned for the update on that project! I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment