Sunday, July 30, 2017

Another month has (almost) come to an end...

I feel like it was just yesterday that I was writing a post about how June was coming to and end and July was starting. And now July is ending soon and it will be August!! Where has this summer gone? I feel like we've done so much this summer but there are still so many things I would like to do!! Here are a few:

1. Get ice cream from the ice cream truck!!

2. Visit my husband's aunt and spend the weekend there. (She has a pool!)

3. Go to a carnival!

4. Hangout with my 17 year old cousin.

5. Enjoy more time outside.

Last summer I said that we would be spending so much more time outside this year than we did last year. Last year we couldn't be outside that much because Little E was only a few months old and couldn't be out in the sun for very long. But now that he's a year and is walking and as long as we lather us all up in sunscreen, we're good to hangout outside a lot more!!

But I'll admit, we haven't been outside as much as we should be. I am limiting the amount of time that I let Big E watch. She's definitely watching less than she used to. She either gets to watch it in the morning before lunch for a little bit or right before dinner. If we don't have anyone coming over to our house or if we don't go anywhere, then we have been playing with the wooden princess dress up sets, our play-doh made with essential oils, doll house, or coloring, just to name a few activities.

I'm going to get into doing some learning activities with Big E in September. I'll give her one more month of just play and then school will be in session! I've decided that I'm going to go back to substitute teaching but only 2 days a week. So that still gives me 3 days a week to do learning activities with Big E. And unlike last year, I'm going to dedicate more time to it. Now that Little E isn't as little as he was a year ago, he doesn't need my attention as much as he did then so I'll be able to take some time out of the day to focus on doing school stuff with Big E!

Have a great week everyone! Look for my post on my Home Chef experience coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment