Saturday, July 15, 2017

The Bold Type

While I was at my mother-in-law's, I got to watch one of my shows, The Fosters, live instead of watching it online after it aired. After that was on, there was a 2 hour premiere of a new show on Freeform called The Bold Type. This show was inspired by the life of Joanna Coles, the chief content officer of Hearst Magazines, which produces magazines such as Cosmopolitan and The O Magazine. It follows the lives of the people responsible for the global women's magazine Scarlet.


There are 2 actresses in this that I was especially excited to see! Aisha Dee, who plays Kat, was previously in the Freeform show Chasing Life which I loved and was so sad to see end! And Katie Stevens, who plays Jane, came in 8th place on season 9 of American Idol!! I knew as soon as I saw her in the show and then saw her name appear, that I knew her from somewhere, and of course it was American Idol!! For those of you who don't know me personally, I used to be super obsessed with American Idol!

But anyway, back to the show The Bold Type. I am now obsessed with this show!! The three main characters, Jane, Kat, and Sutton work for a magazine called Scarlet, which is similar to Cosmopolitan. Jane is a newly promoted write for the magazine, Kat is the social media director, and Sutton is an assistant. It is just great to watch these 3 friends work together and the show explores issues such as sexuality, identity, love, and fashion. Freeform (formerly known as ABCFamily) has been producing great TV shows for a while now and they definitely didn't disappoint with this show!


No comments:

Post a Comment