Tuesday, July 18, 2017

School is back in session...

Well, not really. But for me it kind of feels like it is. To keep up with my teaching degree, I have to have so many hours of professional development in a given time period. I don't know what made me think to look, but yesterday I logged on and saw that I still need 126 hours by June 30th, 2019. That may seem far away, but it will be here before you know it! And if you divide it by 2 years, that's 63 per year that I need to get! There is a way for me to take free courses online through the PA Department of Education but most of those will only give me about 5-10 hours per course, so that's anywhere from 6-12 courses per year, depending on how many each course gives me!! So I need to step into high gear and start taking some courses!

Yesterday I signed up for "Organizing Physical Space" and "Setting Expectations for Learning". They are both only worth 5 hours each so they shouldn't be too hard. The greatest part is that I have 90 days to complete them. There are no due dates for anything and it's all at my own pace. I can go however fast or slow I want. But my plan is to get them done as fast as I can so I can get as many done as I can!

I've said before that I will probably wait until both or one of my kiddos are in school before going back to substitute teaching, but I'm starting to rethink that now. It would be great if I could find someone to watch them once, maybe even twice, a week so I could go back to subbing. Even if it is just one day a week, that would at least get me back into the classroom and into education field. I feel like I'm so lost when it comes to the education field because I've been out of it for 3 years now and I'm sure a lot has changed!

So now I'm on a mission to see if my plan is possible!! If I have to wait another 2 years until Big E goes to Kindergarten then I will, but if it's possible for me to start subbing again this fall, then why not? Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment