Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Regrets....

We all have them, right? I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to have regrets as long as you don't let them get in the way of your life and being happy. But I know there has to be at least a few things that we all wish we did or didn't do in our past. Recently I've been thinking of a few things that I wish I had done in my past.

One of the first ones that comes to my mind is that I wish I had joined a sorority in college. I participated in rush week and tried to get into one, but for some unknown reason, I never joined one. It's been about 4 and a half years since I graduated college and I don't really talk to anyone I graduated with anymore. There are a few that I will message on facebook here and there, but none that I keep in contact with on a regular basis. Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the friends I have now and that I have met through the moms club I'm in, but I kinda wish I had some friends from college as well. And I think that if I had joined a sorority, I would have made some friendships that I maybe could have had still today. But oh well...it didn't happen so it is what it is.

Another regret that comes to mind is that I wish while I was in middle school and/or high school I had tried to play some kind of sport. My parents never put me in any organized sport or anything so the only way I got exposed to organized sports was through gym class. Actually let me back up there..I just remembered that I did a little bit of field hockey and tennis in middle school, but I didn't really care for either of those sports too much.

In high school I remember when we did soccer one year that I was kinda getting into it and wished I had started playing it sooner. I also felt the same way when we started playing volleyball! But I guess at that point it was too late for me to get involved in any teams and instead I stuck to playing the violin and singing in the choir. I eventually gave up the violin and just stuck with choir, and that's definitely something I don't regret. I liked singing a lot more than playing the violin.

Those are the only 2 regrets I can think of right now that I want to share with my readers. Do you have anything that you regret not doing? Leave me some comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment