Monday, August 14, 2017

Getting ready for learning...

I just finished planning my first week of learning activities with Big E!! We are going to start a little later than most kids go back to school, the week of September 11th. Our focus for the first week will be the letter A, red, and circles. She already does pretty good with her colors and shapes so the activities we do surrounding those will just be a reinforcement for her. As for the letters, she can say the alphabet so now we need to focus on recognition. I'm not sure at her age (3) that she will be able to write the letters, but we'll never know unless we try. I'm also going to work each week on number recognition. She can count from 1-10 but she doesn't know what the numbers look like yet.


Week 1 will be my trial week with Big E. I'm not too sure how she's going to do with all the workbook pages I want her to do so we may have to save them for later if she doesn't do too well the first week. The one book of pages is for ages 3-5 and the other is for ages 3 and 4. So there will be a ton of things that she definitely won't be able to do. But I think she should be able to handle some of it. Part of being a teacher is being flexible. I want to make sure that I'm not making her frustrated so if she isn't ready now, we can always come back to it later when she is ready.

I'm also going to start incorporating learning into every day situations. It's all about making any moment a teachable moment! Kids learn every single day and they absorb so much more than you realize!! What is something that your child knows that you didn't realize they knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment