Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Home again!

We got home from our 3 day weekend trip yesterday and it's back to reality! We all had a great time this past weekend and it was great to get away and spend more time with my aunt and cousin that we don't see too often. But as I mentioned in my last post, we have now seen her 4 times this year and we will see her once more at the end of the month! Usually we only see her twice a  year, so we've been pretty lucky this year!!!

This morning we made a quick trip to Target so I could find a planner to use to start planning preschool activities for Big E. My hubby and I decided that next year when Big E is 4, we will put her in a preschool. But I'm going to just do some activities with her this school year and help prepare her for an actual preschool next year.


Last year I tried to do this but it didn't go as planned. I had a ton of activities planned for Big E but because Little E was so little at the time, we didn't get to do much. Plus, the activities I had planned were a little too difficult for Big E. She knows a lot more now that she did a year ago so I'm excited to get started next month!

Since I'm only going to be subbing 2 days a week that gives me 3 days each week to work with Big E on these activities. I'm going to focus on one letter a week starting with A and going in order all the way to Z. Big E is pretty good at singing the ABC's so I'm hoping that from this, she starts recognizing the letters. We'll also work with numbers, colors, and shapes, all of which she already knows a little bit of.

So be on the look out for a recap post each week (or when I get time to write them) of what activities we've been working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment