Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Home Chef

Last week I wrote a post about how I tried out Blue Apron. Well, the week after I got that order, I got an order from Home Chef! In this box was 2 meals for 2 plus stuff to make smoothies for 2!



As I mentioned before, my aunt had tried both of these services out and that's why I wanted to try them out. They changed things up a little bit and now the ingredients come already separated in these awesome clear bags. That's definitely one thing that would have been nice if Blue Apron did that.

First up I made the Weeknight Chicken Quesadillas! These were super simple to make and were made in the...wait for it...oven!! You put the bottom quesadillas on a cookie sheet covered with foil and sprayed. Then you pile on your filling, add the other quesadillas, and spray that lightly. Then you put a piece of foil over them, a cookie sheet on top of that, and then place a casserole dish on top. Then you bake them in the oven! I've never heard of making quesadillas like that before but will definitely be making them like that again!




That same night I made the smoothies! They were good except for the pieces of orange that I kept having to spit out. I don't like pulp in my orange juice so that's probably why I didn't care for that part too much.



The final meal from this delivery was Sweet and Savory Cola-Glazed Pork Chops. These were delicious!! I think I messed up one part of it though and kinda cooked the pork chops for a little longer than I was supossed to after adding the cola glaze to it because there wasn't much of a glaze left at the end. But like I said, it still tasted good!!






 So overall I had a great experience with both Blue Apron and Home Chef. I'm thinking about trying out Hello Fresh in a few weeks. I would order from a service like this every now and then if they weren't so expensive or didn't take as long to prep. So check them out for yourself! If you have a Swagbucks account (or even if you don't, you can sign up), check on there before signing up for Blue Apron or Home Chef because you may be able to get them for cheap like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment