Thursday, August 3, 2017

Everything happens for a reason...

In the book Everything Everything that I read recently, there was a quote that stood out to me and got me thinking:


Now I wrote a blog post about regrets over a month ago, but I don't think this is the same thing. Within the past year I've said "things happen for a reason" a lot! There have been a ton of moments where that has been true. So the quote above just got me thinking, if one moment was changed in my life, how would that make everything else different? For example, if I had never met my husband, how would my life be different from how it is now? I wouldn't have my 2 beautiful babies or the wonderful family I've inherited by marrying my hubby. If I had never overcome my fear of meeting new people and never found the mom's group I'm in, I wouldn't have any friends that live around me. And also, if I had never found that mom's group, I would have never met the friend that introduced me to essential oils and that would just be horrible if I had never been introduced to these amazing oils!!

Life is precious and so short so I'm not saying that we should look back at all the "what-ifs" in life because I'm sure everyone has a ton of them! All I'm trying to say is that it's all those "what-if" moments that make life so awesome! It just makes you realize how completely different your life could have been, whether it be for better or worse, just because of one small moment! As I mentioned in my regrets post, there are some things in my past I would change. But then there are a lot more things in my past that I wouldn't want to change at all. Things happen for a reason and sometimes we don't know what that reason is at the time, but sometimes the reason gets revealed at a later time! What is one decision you made in your life that you are so thankful for and that if you hadn't chosen that, your life would be completely different?

1 comment:

  1. I have thought of this before too! Isn't it amazing how one moment can truly make a difference? I would have to say I am thankful for the moment I met my husband. I cannot imagine how different life could have been!

    ReplyDelete