Thursday, August 31, 2017

Life is too short

Why is it that it takes a tragedy for us to realize that life is short? I'm sure you've heard the saying before, you don't know what you've got till it's gone. But I just found this:


I think that is absolutely true. We never think about losing things or people, and then when we do, we're in shock. Then we start thinking about how life is short. We hug our loved ones a little tighter, start telling them we love them every second we get.

A few days ago I got a call from a family member and it started out by her saying "I have some bad news." I immediately knew what she was going to say next, but it still didn't prepare me for it. I had no idea who she was talking about when she said those words, but the second she said who it was, I was just in shock. I would have been shocked no matter who it was.

It definitely got me thinking about how life is way too short and tomorrow is never promised to us. I know it may be a little morbid to even think this, but it could be the end for any one of us at any moment. So let go of those regrets, those grudges, those things holding you back from living your life to the fullest. The most important thing in our lives needs to be family and friends. Reach out to that brother, sister, mother, father, whoever it is, that you haven't talked to in a while. You never know when you'll lose them for good.

I think the saddest part about this tragedy is the fact that 3 of my cousins are now without a father. My heart is breaking for them and I can't imagine what they must be going through right now.

So now tomorrow when my hubby gets home from work, me, him, the kiddos, and my mom are headed up to my aunt's house. This will be the 6th time that me and the kiddos have seen her this year but this time it isn't for a happy occasion. There will be lots of tears shed this weekend and lots of hugs given.


1 comment: