Friday, August 4, 2017

It's Packing Time again!!

It's packing time again!! I've made my list and I'm checking it twice. Well, I'll be checking it once I'm finished packing it. Yesterday I wrote down everything I need to pack for our weekend away and now today it's time to pack it because we leave as soon as my hubby gets home from work. We're headed up to my aunt's house yet again! This is the aunt that lives 4 hours away from us and we typically only see 2 times a year: Christmas and summer. But this year, we have seen her a total of 3 times so far!! We had our Christmas get together back in January, then me and the kiddos went up there for a week and a half, and then she came down here and stayed with us for a few days (along with my 8 year old cousin). So now this will be the 4th time we get to see her this year and there is still one other time at the end of the August that we will see her again!

The part I'm most excited for this weekend is on Sunday...my aunt and I are going to see Kellie Pickler!!! (and Sara Evans, but I'm going mostly to see Kellie!!) For anyone who doesn't know, my very first job was at Sonic and it was all because of Kellie Pickler!! Right around the same time they showed Kellie's audition on American Idol, they were opening up a Sonic near us. I had just turned 16 and was in need of a job so I applied!! I didn't get to be a carhop at first because I started in the kitchen. But eventually I got to learn how to make ice cream and drinks, take orders, and then deliver orders!! I was there for a total of 5 years and thought it was a great first job!! Maybe one or both of my kiddos will end up working at Sonic for their first job!!

So back in 2006, when the Idols of season 5 of American Idol went on tour, including Kellie, my mom and I went to see them in concert!! I took a Sonic cup, filled it with Sonic mints and a note, and was able to give it to someone to give to Kellie!! Then a few weeks later, there was an interview that I saw with Kellie online where she mentioned getting a cup of Sonic mints from a fan and it gave her flashbacks!! Sorry Kellie, didn't mean to give you flashbacks! But I just thought that was so cool!! I really wish I could find that interview!! I tried searching for it but no luck. If I get to meet her on Sunday, I'm totally bringing that up and I want to see if she remembers that!!!

Well, that's all for now...I'm off to start my packing!! And I know that even though I have a list, I'm bound to forget something!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment