Monday, April 17, 2017

It's storytime!!

We went to storytime at the library this morning and Big E actually did pretty good today! Recently I made an oil blend for her with lavender, cedarwood, and vetiver. It is supposed to help keep her focused and I think it kind of works. I think a big part of what determines how well she will sit at storytime is the atmosphere of the room and what the other kids are doing. Maybe I need to suggest to a librarian that they get a diffuser in the activity room and diffuse calming scents during storytime! But seriously, when other kids are sitting and listening, Big E will, too. But I think this blend did work. I apply it before leaving the house and then again when we get to the libary.




Little E was also really good today as well! Because we traveled to see family yesterday for Easter, we had to take the stroller out of the back of the car and I forgot to put it back in. A few weeks ago I left Little E in the stroller for storytime and he did great! But today without it, he still did alright. He just wants to crawl all over the place and doesn't wanna sit still!



At the end of stortyime, a lady from a local garden club was there and she had little cups of dirt and sunflower seeds for the kids to plant. Big E loved this! She was so excited to hold the cup with her seed all the way to the car and had a little fit when we got to the car and I had to take it away. When we got home, I put it on the windowsill where it can get some sun and will have Big E help me water it a few times a week! I'll be sure to post the progress of the flower on here so you can see how it grows! This will be the first time we've planed anything with Big E so I'm excited to see how she reacts! Now I am off to get some cleaning done before the kiddos wake up from their nap. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment