Sunday, April 30, 2017

Weekend Recap- 4/30/17

It's Sunday yet again! Saturday morning was a pretty lazy morning. My mom came over right before dinner time and after feeding Little E, my hubby and I were off to Baltimore for an overnight trip! It was supposed to be a celebration for my sister-in-law's 28th birthday, but about a week ago she decided that she wanted to do something a little more low key and less expensive. Well, I already had the hotel booked because I wanted to make sure we had something and at that point, we couldn't get a refund. So the hubby and I went anyway and just enjoyed a night out on our own! This was the first time that I left Little E overnight so I had to make sure I had plenty of milk in the fridge for him and I had to pump a few times while we were away.

We went to Baltimore for our honeymoon back in May of 2013. We're coming up on our 4th year anniversary!! So it was kinda cool being this close to our anniversary and getting to go back to where we spent our honeymoon! We definitely want to take the kids there someday and do the aquarium!! We went to the Georgia Aquarium in Georgia with Emma and she absolutely loved it!!

So anyway, there was one place that we went to on our honeymoon that I wanted to go to on this trip. There was a bar that we went to that had an old school Nintendo system hooked up to a TV that you could sit there, have a drink, and play some video games on!! It was awesome!! We played some Family Feud!!




Well, we went to The Cheesecake Factory and left with some leftovers and we're able to go into that bar with them. So back to the hotel we went and just watched some of Titanic before dozing off.

This morning we got up at 9:00 and missed the free breakfast at the hotel so we went to Dunkin Donuts instead! On the way home we went to a huge computer store and picked up some new wireless headsets for our computers!

Overall we both had a great time away, spending time just the 2 of us! We both missed our kiddos like crazy, but it's nice to recharge and enjoy some alone time every now and then! We've had a few date nights here and there but this was different because it was a whole night away!! And it was nice!! I feel refreshed and ready to take on the week!! I've said earlier this year and multiple times since then, that this is the year of "things happen for a reason", and that couldn't be more perfect for this situation. A night with just the 2 of us is just what we needed!! I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment