Monday, March 20, 2017

Bathroom makeover!!

Happy Monday everyone! In my post from yesterday, I mentioned that my hubby put in a new vanity and sink in our downstairs bathroom. After, let's see...4 trips I think it was, the sink is finally installed! And I am loving it! It allowed me to free up some space that was in the cabinet above the toilet so it isn't so cluttered in there. And I think it's going to be easier to clean! There was actually something around the drain that both my husband and I didn't think was going to come out. We were both like "Great, it's ruined before we even got to use it." We really thought that it wouldn't come off. My Thieves cleaner didn't even do anything to it! But I was determined to get it off! So I poured some baking soda on it, sprayed a mixture of vinegar and water on it, and let it sit for a minute or so before scrubbing it with a sponge. And guess what, it came off! See what natural cleaners can do? You don't need those harsh chemicals. Actually you can't see what it did because I forgot to take a before and after picture.

But I did take a before and after picture of the bathroom so that you can see what our bathroom looked like before and what it looks like now.


The first time we were at Lowes I asked my hubby "So what are we replacing next?" Our house was built in 2000, so it's only about 17 years old, not too bad. But there are a few things in it that I would like to replace sometime. We already replaced 3 appliances in the kitchen: the dishwasher when we moved in because it took forever to wash our dishes, the oven because we wanted a gas range, and the microwave, we weren't really looking to replace it but my mother-in-law found one at a thrift store that was new and cheap, so she got it for us.

I just love doing makeovers and organizational things so be on the lookout for future posts like this one! My New Year's resolution was to organize my house and keep it cleaner so I've been slowly going through the house to see what can be improved! And trust me, there are tons of things that need to be improved! That's all for now, have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment