Monday, March 13, 2017

I like to move it, move it

So back in November I wrote a post about Zumba. Since then, I've been going to a class twice a week instead of once like I had been doing. I absolutely love it! I'll hear songs on the radio all the time and I'll be like "We did this at Zumba!" Then I see the dance moves in my head! I went to a Zumbathon about a month ago where it was 2 hours of Zumba! It was awesome! And you know what happened during that...I had an epiphany! I was just seeing the different instructors on the stage leading the dances and thought "I could do that!" Now I have absolutely zero dance experience. I can't dance that well! But I really enjoy doing Zumba and think that if I worked hard enough, I could become an instructor.

At the end of the Zumbathon, I talked to the instructor that teaches the class that I go to most often. During one of the breaks I had looked on my phone to see what it takes to become an instructor. But I wanted to talk to an actual instructor to see what it takes. It's pretty much a full day of training and dancing. You pay close to $300 and make it through the day and you're certified! It's that simple!!

I was seriously thinking about going to a training close to me within the next few months, but I've put that on hold for now. I'm just getting into my Young Living business so I don't think I have the time to also throw some Zumba in there. It would be awesome doing both though. They kind of go hand in hand. Zumba keeps me healthy by exercise and Young Living is helping me stay above the wellness line! But for now, I'm just going to focus on Young Living and maybe a year from now I'll come back to the idea of becoming a Zumba instructor. That will also give me another year of going to Zumba classes twice a week (maybe eventually more) and give me lots of practice!

Have you ever been to a Zumba class? If so, what is your favorite song to dance to? Mine is definitely "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" by Will Smith!! Oh, and "Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake!

This is definitely true about Zumba...



1 comment:

  1. I've never done zumba, but my mom has tried it and she loves it!! I'm not a good dancer so I get nervous!!

    ReplyDelete