Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I love the 90s!

I was born in 1990, so I remember a lot of things that were popular in the later half of the 90s. Here are a few of my favorite things...from the 90s. (Yes, I was singing the song from the Sound of Music as I wrote that!)

Backstreet Boys


BSB was where it was at!! I absolutely loved them!! And 2011, when they toured with New Kids on the Block, my childhood dream came true...I got to see them live in concert! It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to! Whenever I hear a Backstreet Boys song, it takes me back to the 90s! I love them and always will!!

Nsync


Yes, I was also an Nsync fan. I couldn't pick just one, I loved both! Sadly, my childhood dream of seeing them live never came true. But I have heard recently that they may be reuniting, we shall see!! Again, when I hear an Nsync song, I kinda feel like I'm in the 90s again!

Dunkaroos

These things were the best snack ever!!! I wish they still sold them! Apparently they are still made in Canada but not the US. I should make a friend that lives in Canada so they can ship me some!! But seriously, these were amazing! I would buy them if they still made them. For my kids, too. But mostly for me!

Giga Pets, Nano's, and Tamagotchi's


So I gotta say, I'm not too sure what the difference between these 3 toys is, maybe just the makers? But at some point, I had at least one of each! And actually, I even found one at a store years after I stopped playing with them and bought it just to relive the excitement! I think the Nano was my favorite, but yet again maybe I don't remember which was my favorite because again, I can't remember the difference between them. All I know is that they were cool and a lot of my friends had them!



Beanie Babies

Now I didn't have quite this many of them, but I had a lot. And I made sure that the tags stayed on! I even had some that had these plastic cases over the tags to protect them!! If you grew up in the 90s, I'm sure you had at least one Beanie Baby! And I loved when McDonalds had them in their Happy Meals as the toys!!!


Gel Pens


Gel pens and the black paper you drew with them on were awesome!! I had a ton and I used them all the time!! I'll definitely have to find some and introduce Big E to them someday!


Hit Clips

I loved these things!! It only played 30 seconds of music but they were still awesome!! And you know what's even more awesome, my mother-in-law actually found a Disney version of Hit Clips and got it for Big E about 2 years ago. I don't even think she knew what it was, but she found it at a thrift store and now Big E loves it because she has seen most of the movies that the songs are from. Here is the Disney one I'm talking about.



I'll end my list there, but it really could go on and on and on!! Oh, I'll add one more, one of my favorite shows that I still love to this day! My hubby needs to have TV on as he drifts off to sleep so we put on a series that we've seen before so that we won't want to watch it instead of sleep. We rotate between two shows: Scrubs and my favorite from the 90s, Friends!!!




What are some of your favorite things from the 90s? Leave me some comments! Have a wonderful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment