Friday, March 10, 2017

Hardest part about parenting so far

In my almost 3 years of being a parent, I would have to say that potty training is the hardest thing I've had to do so far! Teething is fine, I'll take that any day over potty training. It's so weird, I had a dream the other night that I was talking to my sister-in-law about how my aunt told me that I need to take away something that Big E likes until she goes in the potty. Well, that one thing she likes the most is Curious George! So in this dream, I told my sister-in-law that I was going to tell Big E that there was no more George till she goes in the potty.

That dream inspired me to try potty training again. The last time I did it, I gave up after 3 days. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time that I've attempted to get her potty trained. I am more determined to get it done this time because I only want to have one in diapers!! So I'm having her go without pants anytime that we are home and she is awake! Yesterday I had underwear on her a couple different times and she kept having accidents in them so that's when I said enough is enough, and decided that we're going without pants.

Last night when I came home from Zumba, the house was extra quiet. That's because my husband had put both kids to bed already! This meant that Little E had gone to sleep without nursing right before. I thought he would wake up before his normal time, but I was wrong! I had to sneak into his room to grab his diffuser, fill it, and put it back in his room and then it on. I thought for sure that he would wake up more than usual if I didn't have his diffuser going. Well, he woke up at 5:40, which is normal for him! I was so amazed!!

Anyway, back to potty training with Big E. So while my husband was putting Little E to bed, he opened the bathroom door and turned on the light and reminded Big E to go potty if she had to. He came back downstairs and there she was, sitting on the potty and she actually went! I also need to add that she was watching a movie and decided all on her own to get up from the couch to sit on the potty! That completely blew my mind!!

So far today she has gone on the potty 3 times, but there were a few hours in the middle of the day that she was in a diaper because of going to a play date and then lunch and nap time. But so far there have been no accidents today, so I'm very proud of her! Things are looking up this time so I just gotta stay consistent! What is the best piece of advice you would give to someone like me who has been struggling with potty training? Leave me a comment and have a great rest of your Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment