Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Yum Yum!

Back in November I wrote about how I have been making my own baby food for my youngest. Well, I have officially given up on that. Three times now I've cooked and puréed food for him only to go to feed it to him and find out it wasn't puréed enough. So off to Walmart we went and I just bought him some tubs of Gerber stage 2 foods. Then this past week I was doing some research online to see if I could find the baby food for any cheaper. I looked and looked but couldn't find any place that sells them cheaper. 

So then I decided to order a whole months worth of food for him so that was one less thing I have to worry about running out of. I figured out that in a 31 day month he would need 62 fruits and 62 vegetables/dinner entrees. The total came out to around $88. I don't think that's too bad. It comes out to about $2.84 a day. I'm not sure if that's cheaper than it was when I made my own, but it's definitely a lot easier!

I've heard of other people that make their own food for their first child and then for each one after that, they just buy it. So I'm proud of myself that I made my own food for about 3 or 4 months. He's got one tooth coming in and who knows how long it will take him to get more. But he shouldn't be eating the puréed food for too much longer. Even if he is, I'm ok with giving him store bought baby food. With an almost 3 year old and a 9 month old, and my new Young Living business, I just don't have the time to be making my own food. I'll let the experts do that!

And now, I'll leave you with a quote: "Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it, you can never get it back."

No comments:

Post a Comment