Monday, March 6, 2017

Let's learn!

So last June when my oldest turned 2, I wanted to start doing some lessons with her on basic things like colors, shapes, numbers, and ABCs. Before she turned 2 and before my second child was born, I even went out and bought a whole bunch of stuff so I could do said lessons. I scoured Pinterest and even got a planner to plan out my own little curriculum. Well, then my second was born and all of that planning and preparation went out the window. I just didn't have the time to do these lessons for my oldest while taking care of a newborn. I didn't plan that many activities for each day, maybe 2 or 3 at the most. But looking back I say to myself: What was I thinking!?!

Now that my youngest is 9 months and my oldest will be 3 in about 3 months, I'm going to start doing some of the lessons I had planned for her. She's doing pretty good with her colors and numbers, so I think I'm going to focus more on the alphabet. For those who don't know, I have a teaching degree in elementary education and special education, so the teacher in me is definitely coming out!! I'm going to start out by doing 1 educational activity a day, 3 days a week. I printed myself a blank calendar so I can plan out what I'm going to do and when I'm going to do it. I'm going to give myself this week to plan everything out so that starting on Monday, March 13th, school can begin!

Do you have any educational activities for learning the alphabet that you love?

In honor of last week being Dr. Seuss' birthday, I leave you with this quote:


No comments:

Post a Comment